The Boise Angel Alliance is a community of angel investors. The Boise Angel Alliance provides an opportunity for angel investors to convene, share best practices and gain access to educational programming. The Boise Angel Alliance and its membership are catalysts for angel investments and the formation of angel funds.
The Boise Angel Alliance produces economic value to Idaho by supporting angel investors to make investments.
The Boise Angel Alliance (BAA) was formed in 2004 for the purpose of creating a community of individuals who have the financial capability and desire to make investments in private, early-stage businesses. Their objectives were to share the work of considering deals, establish best practices, and help individuals develop a competency in this type of investing.
Since that time, members of the BAA have formed three angel funds for the purpose of pooling capital, making investment decisions together, sharing the work of screening and due diligence, and capitalizing on the diverse expertise of the group. These funds include:
- Boise Angel Fund, formed in 2007 with $1,350,000 of capital
- Treasure Valley Angel Fund, formed in 2012 with $1,350,000 of capital
- Capitol City Angel Fund, formed in 2014 with $1,150,000 of capital
- Gem State Angel Fund, formed in 2016 with $1,250,000 of capital
Through the activity and investments of its members and Funds, the BAA stimulates the availability of early stage capital to local entrepreneurs and promotes economic development in Idaho.
As of September 30, 2015, BAA activity includes:
- $11.8M invested by funds and members
- 23 Treasure Valley companies in the portfolio
- 350 jobs created since 2010
Become a sponsor of the Boise Angel Alliance. Click here for more information: BAASponsorshipProgramOct 2015 (1)